Being kinder to and more accepting of yourself is important for both your physical and mental well-being. Review some of the ways to Love Your Spoonie-Self!
1. Love yourself and treat yourself well. Put good in to get good out. Take care of your physical health. As a spoonie, it can be especially important to prioritize your physical well-being. This could include things like taking medication as prescribed, attending doctor's appointments, and engaging in gentle exercise or movement that feels good for your body.
2. Be forgiving to yourself. Some days you can do more, some days you can do less so be kind and tolerant of your struggles. It's important to treat yourself with kindness and understanding, especially when dealing with the challenges of chronic illness. Seek support when you need it. Remember that you are not alone in your struggles, and that there are people who care about you and want to support you.
3. Wear something that makes you feel good. This could be dressing up in favorite outfit to feel special or dressing down for comfort. Be indulgent in whatever feels good.
4. Spend time doing something you love. Incorporate activities that help you relax, de-stress, and recharge. This could include things like taking a warm bath, using aromatherapy, practicing gentle yoga, or journaling.
5. Speak to yourself the same way you speak to those you love. We can be too harsh on ourself and let discouraging words run through our thoughts about ourselves. Try instead to
6. Love what you can do for yourself. Feel gratitude for the things you do for yourself however small. Celebrate your victories, no matter how small. It's important to acknowledge and celebrate the progress you make, even if it feels small. Whether it's getting out of bed on a difficult day, completing a task you've been putting off, or simply making it through a tough moment, take time to celebrate your victories and be proud of yourself.
7. Give a little love everyday. Make showing love to yourself a daily habit not just an end goal. You deserve to feel loved!
How to Love Yourself For Real, According to Therapists --Acknowledge that oppression and trauma can make self-love even more challenging.
How to Love Yourself: 20 Ways to Start Loving Yourself Again There are some contributing things you can do in practicing the art of self-love.